Do you use Gmail on a desktop or laptop? Do you open Gmail in a web browser? Then you may have noticed the tabs in the Gmail mail checking interface – Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates and more.
Gmail introduced this feature to help people organize their inbox and the tabs are meant to help organize your emails into various groups.
The problem is, the tabs may be making you miss emails. For example, let’s say you subscribe to success tips from Newaccra.com. Then you realise that when emails come, they don’t go into your primary inbox, where you want them. Instead they end up in Promotions where you don’t want them.
This is how to get the emails from promotions / spam / junk and into your primary inbox.
- Open your Promotions tab and look for the email you want.
- Click on the email you want, but don’t open it.
- Drag the email from where it is now unto the Primary tab and you are done
If you use any of Microsoft’s email services like Hotmail, Outlook, or Live, you don’t have a Promotions tab. What you have is a Junk folder.
If an email arrives in your Junk folder but you want it in your main inbox, just follow these three steps to move it to your main inbox;
- Go to your Junk folder and open the email you want
- Look on the bar above the subject of the email
- Click on Not Junk and you are done
Yahoo users have a Spam folder where emails go. If you’ll like to move an email from spam to your inbox, just follow these steps;
- Go into your inbox and open the Spam folder
- Click and open the email you want
- Click the Not Spam button in the toolbox
There you have it. Emails from your favourite senders will now arrive in your inbox!