The holidays are usually a time of fun with family and friends. For many people, that means lots of food , drink and little sleep. If you have been watching your health all through the year, you may suddenly find yourself lowering your guard and living an unhealthy lifestyle over the holidays. If you haven’t been so careful about your health during the year, the holidays give you the temptation to continue living carefree.
As we begin the festive season, here are six things to remember;
1. Be conscious of how much you eat as there is likely to be a lot of food and you want to maintain a healthy weight . A healthy weight is a weight which matches your height.
2. Store your food leftovers.Wasting food is one of the causes of the situation where one in eight persons are now without food.
3. Keep your food and environment clean, as you want to protect yourself and your family from Cholera and Ebola.
4. Watch your alcohol intake because abusing alcohol is harmful to a person’s health.
5. Whenever you get the chance, dance to some sweet music, it helps to keep you active.
6. Make time to rest because you want to start 2015 refreshed and not already tired.
The teams at Olime Health and Newaccra.com wish you a Healthy Christmas and a fruitful 2015.